It’s the first day of spring. A further sign of the new season is the Clark Lake Spirit Trail Cleanup. Each year at this time volunteers scour this 7.3 mile path around the lake and improve the look and feel of one of this community’s crowning achievements. In the 1996 Tom Collins said, “If common cause is needed as a focal point around which to rally, let us build a Path.” Clark Lake took on two big projects simultaneously — building the Trail, and saving the Graziani house by moving it over the water to the County Park. What an awesome heritage!
So, what are the advantages of participating in the Cleanup?
- It’s confirmation that spring has come to Clark Lake
- You would have to pay a fitness club to get this kind of work out
- Meetup with like-minded neighbors
- Help make the Trail sparkle so it presents to the world a picture that Clark Lake can be proud of
- It’s a part of standing up for Clark Lake
What to do? Meet Dan Omo at the County Park at the east end on Saturday, March 25, at 9 am (rain date is April 1st). He will have surveyed the Trail and can point you to where help is most needed. Bring yourself, friends, and tools like rakes, shovels, plastic bags. To reach Dan, call or text him at 937-0424 or email at email@example.com.
Take a look at how the cleanup has worked in the past.
good work MAGS and other clark lakers